Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Galvin's Clock And Watch Repair - Awesome!

A while back, on Yelp, I gave a great review for my friend, Galvin, of Galvin's Clock And Watch Repair in San Gabriel, California.




But when I go back to the Yelp page, and find Galvin, my review is nowhere to be seen.   Why?

I've since heard that Yelp,  "charge businesses to remove or re-order bad reviews!".

And, at http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10168065-93.html, "six business owners said Yelp sales reps promised to remove or move negative reviews in exchange for advertising and that in six other instances positive reviews disappeared or negative ones appeared after owners declined ad deals."

Hmm.

When I met Galvin, I saw someone who had to be one of the best, if not the best, in the business of watch repair.  But he didn't have a lot of traffic.  I'd hoped a good review on Yelp would help all the wearers of expensive watches in Los Angeles find him.  They would be happy they did.

Well, since it's not appearing on Yelp, or when I do a search on Google, I'm going to just post the review on my own blog.  So there.

Here was the review I wrote:



------------

If you need ANYTHING for your watches or clocks in the Los Angeles area, Galvin's Clock and Watch Repair is definitely the place to come. Even it's just for a battery.

Galvin has been in the watch repair business for four decades.  One look at his store, and it's obvious. There are many very specific and expensive watchmaking tools. Including a device to waterproof your diver's watch to depth.  Lathes.  Dozens, probably hundreds of hand tools specific to watch and clock making. A device to wind springs (just who has that these days?)

Dozens of drawers of spare parts.  Watch Bands. Batteries.  Many parts, he actually has IN STOCK.  No waiting for parts required!

Galvin is definitely the very experienced master that you want working on your timepieces. 

He works with all kinds of antique clocks as well.  There are dozens (maybe hundreds) of beautiful antique clocks overflowing all over the shop.  One is a French clock from 1750!!  It's beautiful, like so many others in the store. And you can buy them too!


I first met him a few years ago when I dropped by to have my batteries replaced.  I've come back to to speak with him occasionally since then. 

Galvin is also a minister, so he has some very good values.  He's not the type to do bad business.  The prices are good too.

He is located in San Gabriel, California, near Las Tunas and Del Mar.

Find out more at his website:


It's worth a trip just to look.  The pieces are beautiful and the shop is so visually interesting.

--------
Find him at: 

Galvin's Time Repair
121 E Las Tunas Dr
San Gabriel, CA 91776
(626) 285-9466

--------

BTW:  there are hundreds of very visually interesting clocks in Galvin's store.  Once a customer was there, getting a battery changed, and Galvin went to set the hands of the watch.  I joked, "Galvin, do you know the time?"    :)


6 comments:

  1. Organized content is the best way to display or post an article, thank you for making it easy to digest your post.

    Watch repair store

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and I am quite sure they will learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else!
    Watch Repair in Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to mention that I’ve really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing in your feed and I hope you write again very soon!
    Watch Repair Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Useful information like this one must be kept and maintained so I will put this one on my twitter list! Thanks for this wonderful post and hoping to post more of this!
    Watch Repair in Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting such wonderful insight. Hope to come here again and again.
    Thank You.
    Seiko Watch Bands

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great article indeed and a very detailed, realistic and superb analysis, of this issue, very nice write up, Thanks.
    Watch Repair Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete